The Missing Method for Guitar, Book 5: Master Note Reading in the 12th Position and Beyond
Master Note Reading in the 12th Position and BeyondComplete your knowledge of the fretboard with The Missing Method Book 5. The fifth and final book in this series is your step-by-step guide for learning how to read guitar music in the highest region of the neck: frets 12-20! With this book, you will finally be able to read guitar music anywhere on the neck and in any key.
What You’ll Learn in Book 5:
- How to read and play notes in twelfth position (Frets 12-15)
- How to read and play notes using the 8va symbol
- How to read and play notes from frets 17 to 20
- Reading in minor keys, including relative minor, melodic, harmonic, and jazz-melodic minor in both of these positions
- More exercises to solidify your rhythm skills
- How to practice and play in every key from frets 12-20
- A review of open, fifth, ninth, third, and seventh positions
- Practice changing keys within a song
- Streaming audio files so you can hear each exercise and song
It’s Unique!No other method book teaches you how to read guitar music in the upper register. It’s often assumed you’ll just sort of learn it on your own. The trouble is that there is little guidance out there to help you do that well, until now! This book focuses on learning to read standard guitar notation from fret 12 to 20, and like all Missing Method for Guitar Books, it includes tons of practice songs, examples, clear explanations, and exercises to help you master the highest notes on the guitar.
Use this book in conjunction with other method books, by itself, with a teacher, or on your own.
Get started todayJoin the legions of guitar players who’ve already started reading standard notation with The Missing Method. Order your copy and start mastering your instrument today!
Scroll up to order a digital edition, or scroll down for links to order it in paperback or ebook from your favorite online retailer.